Monday, June 9, 2014

50 Shades of Taupe

Georgia J Taupe Lace Collection



TAUPE has been a big color lately in the wedding industry from wedding accents to bridesmaid dresses. And it's understandable why. Taupe is versatile, understated, soft and sophisticated. My first recollection of the color taupe is my mother dragging me around the mall at the age of 14 looking for a purse to match her new taupe pumps. I, of course, didn't get why her purse had to match her shoes and why it had to be the exact same shade, but she was excited about her new job and wanted to look professional and "put together"  Taupe is diverse in its many shades and hues. There are gray taupes, khaki taupes, blush taupes, smoky taupes, brown taupes and many others. My sales rep calls the color romantic when referring to the taupe lace in my current collection. I like that. What do you think of when you think of the color Taupe?

No comments:

Post a Comment